- Lionel Messi wins the FIFA 2013 Ballon d’OrPosted 7 hours ago
- Top 10 Amazing and Beautiful Graffiti PicturesPosted 2 days ago
- Top Ten Classic British CarsPosted 2 days ago
- Top 10 Most Liked Cartoon Characters of All Time Posted 24 days ago
- Top 4 UEFA Champions League Football teams 2013Posted 26 days ago
- Top 20 Goals by Lionel Messi 2012-2013Posted 31 days ago
- Top 20 Goals by Cristiano Ronaldo in Real Madrid – 2009-2013Posted 36 days ago
- Top 10 Ugliest Cars of Last CenturyPosted 43 days ago
- Top 10 Footballers with TattoosPosted 46 days ago
- Top 10 Unusual Names of Towns in USAPosted 95 days ago
- Top 10 Fuel Efficient American cars 2012-2013Posted 130 days ago
- Top 10 Amazing Places Which Are Real But Don’t Look RealPosted 148 days ago
- Top 10 Technology Gifts for Christmas 2012Posted 149 days ago
- Top 10 Longest Rivers in the WorldPosted 160 days ago
- Top 10 Tips to Stretch Smartphone Battery LifePosted 184 days ago
- Top 10 Khans in Bollywood 2012Posted 184 days ago
- Top 10 Future Passenger Planes in The WorldPosted 191 days ago
- Top 10 Affordable Men’s WatchesPosted 206 days ago
- Top 10 Most Reliable Cars 2012Posted 209 days ago
- Top 10 Best Tablets 2012Posted 252 days ago
- Top 10 Best SUVS 2012Posted 342 days ago
- Top 10 Hot Sexy Bikini Models 2012Posted 348 days ago
- Top 10 Foods to Make You Happier and HealthierPosted 356 days ago
- Top 10 Things Couples Should Not SharePosted 359 days ago
- Top 10 Fastest and Concept Motorcycles in the WorldPosted 362 days ago
- Top 10 Large Cruise ShipsPosted 369 days ago
- Top 10 Bollywood Songs May 2012Posted 370 days ago
- TOP 10 Most Popular XBOX GAMES 2012Posted 377 days ago
- Top 10 New Wonders of The World 2012Posted 387 days ago
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Desirable Philippines Women 2012Posted 391 days ago
Top Tyre Manufacturers in The World 2012
A tire or tyre is a flexible container of compressed air. This air container support the vehicle’s load; propels a vehicle forward, backward and side-to-side, stops the vehicle, and cushions the load from road imperfections.
Based in Tokyo, Bridgestone is one of the three largest tire manufacturers in the world. Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations has its headquarters in Nashville, Tenn. The corporation manufactures and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton, and Fuzion tires, among other associate brands. It supplies tires for most applications in the United States. Bridgestone and Firestone replacement tires often score well in our tests.
Continental falls in a distant fourth place in North American and global sales, behind Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Michelin. Still, it offers a full complement of original and replacement tires. The Germany-based Continental Corporation is based in Germany and is a top automotive supplier of brake systems and various vehicle components, in addition to tires. The U.S. tire operations have headquarters in Lancaster County, S.C. The company sells the Continental and General tire brands. In the past, General has shined for light-truck tires in our testing.
One of the few independent tire manufacturers in the U.S. with origins going back to the early 20th Century, Cooper is among the world’s top-10 tire makers. Based in Findlay, Ohio, Cooper Tires offers a full array of tires, including the Avon, Mastercraft and Starfire brands. Cooper tires are most often sold by independent dealers, though they can be found online. In the past, Cooper has been a standout among light-truck tires.
Goodyear claims to be the best-selling tire-maker in North America and is one of the leading tire manufacturers in the world. In 2008, it ranked third behind Michelin and Bridgestone for global tire sales. Based in Akron, Ohio, Goodyear is a major supplier of original and replacement tires and sells tires for most applications. Founded in 1898, Goodyear owns the Dunlop and Kelly-Springfield brands of tires sold in the United States. Goodyear and Dunlop have often been top picks in our Ratings.
A Korean corporation, Hankook has its North American headquarters in Wayne, N.J., and a technical center in Akron, Ohio. Hankook is original equipment on several foreign and domestic auto nameplates. It also offers a complete line of replacement tires to fit most domestic cars and light trucks. Generally, Hankook tires we have tested offer good value for their well-rounded, all-weather performance.
This Korean tire maker started in 1960, and today it is one of the top 10 tire manufacturers in the world. Kumho offers a full array of car and light truck tires. There tires are noted for excellent value and good all-weather performance, based on our tests.
A French company, Michelin has its North America headquarters in Greenville, S.C. As a global tire maker, it offers tires for nearly all applications. In North America, it owns the BFGoodrich and Uniroyal brands. Founded in 1891, Michelin first introduced the radial tire, and the company continues to be a pioneer in tire technologies. Michelin tires generally perform impressively in our all-weather tests and offer many models with low rolling resistance and long tread life.
Pirelli is based in Milan, Italy, and it has a U.S. manufacturing plant in Rome, Ga. Pirelli caters to the high-end market with tires commonly found on luxury and sports cars. It has a stronger presence in Europe than in the United States, and yet Pirelli offers a full line of replacement tire models to fit most cars and light trucks sold in North America. It is an original equipment supplier to the domestic car manufacturers on selected car models. The Pirelli Group business sectors also include real estate, broad-band solutions, and environmental technologies. In our testing, Pirelli tires often impress us with their dry and wet grip and handling.
Yokohama is a Japanese company with a global presence. Its North America headquarters are in southern California. Targeting performance enthusiasts, Yokohama tires place emphasis on handling and dry and wet grip. Its tires reflect this focus, our testing shows. Generally, we find that Yokohama tires are a good choice for consumers who live where winter driving is not a factor.
Source: Consumer Report
Incoming search terms:
- german tire manufacturer logo quiz
- top 10 tyre manufacturers in the world 2012
- german tyre manufacturer logo quiz
- german tire manufacturer logo
- world tyre ranking 2012
- german tire manufacturers logo quiz
- 2012 GLOBAL TIRE COMPANY RANKINGS
- tire manufacturer ranking 2012
- german tire manufacturer town name
- german tyre manufacturer logo